The GS1 Annual Report 2016-2017 has been published.
This edition describes recent accomplishments in GS1 ongoing efforts to better serve a wide range of business sectors, the latest updates to GS1 services, the most recent improvements and innovations.
Major accomplishments, improvements and innovations include:
- Improving support in the retail sector through GS1 SmartSearch.
- GS1 Standards can be used to implement EU Unique Device Identification (UDI) system.
- GS1 Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) has a privileged position in the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) harmonized parcel label technical specification.
- GS1 Cloud will be the largest source of trusted product information in the world.
- A new version of GS1 Global Traceability Standard was published to better address critical business needs.
- GS1 has formally renewed its partnership with ITC, the International Trade Centre and the United Nations. GS1 Standards are being used to improve sustainability and increase the access of small farmers and producers to global markets.
- GS1 has joined forces with MIT to begin defining the open architecture for the Consumer Internet of Things (IoT)
The GS1 Annual Report 2016 - 2017 can be downloaded here.