GS1 Mauritius is collaborating with institutions to support micro, small and medium companies (MSMEs) to acquire GS1 Barcodes through financial assistance.
The aim of these schemes is to encourage MSMEs to adopt GS1 Barcodes and GS1 Standards to upgrade their products and gain easier market access.
MSMEs will further reap the numerous benefits namely:
- Gain efficiency whilst enjoying lower costs through inventory management
- Benefit from the endless possibilities with GS1 Standards
- Export without any modifications to their barcodes, since GS1 Barcodes are internationally recognised
- Implement product traceability solutions
- Due to their uniqueness, GS1 Barcodes enable combatting counterfeited products, contributing to gaining consumer confidence
- Gain international visibility through GS1 GEPIR and GS1 Cloud
Collaboration with SME Mauritius Ltd
Under this scheme, SME Mauritius Ltd will finance 100% of the Registration Fees and Training Fees for eligible MSMEs.
Who can apply?
Please consult SME Mauritius Ltd website, under Scheme ‘Access to Market – Barcode Registration’ for eligibility criteria.
How to apply?
SME Mauritius Ltd
Pope Hennessy Building
25, Pope Hennesy Street
T : +230 202 0040
F : +230 212 5765
E : email@example.com
GS1(MAURITIUS) LTD’s Collaboration with Small Farmers Welfare Fund (SFWF)
SFWF Ltd will finance 100% of
• Registration Fees,
• Annual Membership Fees for the first year only, and
• Training Fees for one participant
for eligible agro-processing firms.
Who can apply?
You need to an eligible agro-processing firm to apply.
• Enterprises should be an agro-processing firm as defined by the SFWF’s Act
• The enterprise should employ less than 10 persons
• The annual turnover should not exceed Rs 10M
For more information about the scheme, please visit SFWF website.
How and where to apply?
Please contact GS1(MAURITIUS) LTD and bring along your
(i) SFWF’ card, and
(ii) agro-processor’s card
We will guide you on the steps to follow.